NE150 License Plates
Show your Nebraska pride! Get your NE150 specialty license plate today at www.clickdmv.ne.gov.
The design for the Nebraska Sesquicentennial specialty license plate incorporates the branding created for the celebration, which begins in January 2017. Creative inspiration for the logo design was drawn from the Nebraska State Capitol and other iconic Nebraska images, including the state flower, the state flag and nature.
Key themes of the logo include:
- The use of maize recognizes Nebraska’s past and reputation as the Cornhusker State.
- The kernels symbolize the seeds of prosperity and agriculture, the backbone of our state.
- The corn icon resembles an office building as a nod to the business community.
- The logo is based on decorative elements used throughout the State Capitol.
- The color is derived from the state flower, the goldenrod.
NE150 specialty plates cost $70 and are available for purchase through 2022 at www.clickdmv.ne.gov. A portion of the sale proceeds help fund a non-competitive grant program for local communities planning special events and programming to celebrate the state’s sesquicentennial. Funding for the program is limited and dependent on the availability of funds. Grants, which may range in amounts from $500 to $5,000, are restricted to events and activities that originate and/or take place within the boundaries of the state of Nebraska. Unless otherwise requested and approved in advance, all grant funds must be used between of Sept. 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2017. More information about the grant program is available at www.ne150.org/grants.
The Nebraska State Historical Society administratively manages the Nebraska Sesquicentennial Commission Grant Program. Questions can be directed to Dee Ward at 402-471-0090.